Mar 14, 2012

How about #Kony2012

I need to admit that this #Kony2012 project of making Joseph Kony a household name was a success!! Great involvement of the Invisible Children, for using new tools to expose a problem that was and is still happening, whether it was in Uganda, we should also bear in mind that this is also happening in Egypt, India ... etc.


But now what? What if the most influential people really do take action and talk about Kony, will governments do what it takes to punish this guy??


I've been reading other posts on this and debating it with my colleague, till she asked me this question: "Sara, if you see Kony in person, will you do something about it??" ,"You do know that this guy walks around in public with his own army!" ... Me: Ana khoof! (No, I'm scared!)


She also mentioned, and I quote "In my last trip to South Africa, I stayed at my friends place for a few nights, what was strange is that the houses there had surveillance cameras and barbwires around their walls, and although my friends had those too they still got robbed!, so i asked my friends, how is that possible!, they said that their government is corrupted, so their policemen are corrupted too".

So do you think that the likes of Kony are not touched because their power is so strong that it has reached their governments to actually depend on these so called "warlords" to survive?? Wait a minute! Syria is still killing women and children ! 





Anyway... I'd love to salute the Invisible Children for their efforts in educating and taking care of the traumatized children of Uganda.


Is my "We are the world" part too cheesy?? Nahhh!!


Posted By: @saraalsaleh
Source: invisiblechildren.com/critiques

No comments:

Post a Comment